Video 03: Water color techniques + B.C.D.

In this video I would like to share some names for water color techniques. The thing is when we just start out and make things through experimentation, we will already unconsciously use some techniques . Only later on we when we feel the need to know more, we get to know the names for these techniques. That leads to the concept that we don't really need to know everything before hand in order to make art, we can simply enjoy our time and freedom and be happy that we can try whatever we like.

Also you will see me using other tools such as water brush, ink bar and brush pen. I also try out a new paper in the video, and the paper totally failed the water test.



I also share a personal technique I discovered with my family during our BCD happy hour, we loooove the idea to set up a random scene for BCD and take it apart after drawing it. It creates an exciting feeling and strange joy when you "destroy" the scene (or it's just us ;p).

As for the 2nd technique, water color with salt, it didn't turn out so well, so here is another one I did with thicker colors. The salt absorbs the color and leaves beautiful tracks around the edge.




Hope you enjoy the video and have fun with your own experiments!

Password: JWSL3



Comments

Popular Posts