My Blind Contour Drawing




This quote from Sartre in my mailbox this morning gave me a clear awareness on what I do in my art practice and in my daily life. I extend its original meaning to " Everything has been figured out, except how to live out your own experience and creativity."

Although I mainly write about drawing and painting, human creativity is in every aspect to be seen and I even feel a bit upset about that I only have two hands and limited time to discover and write about them. Everyone is different and our own creativity comes out in different ways. For example, some people are creative in music, cooking, gardening...etc. Some are in their working field, for instance, programming, organizing, handcrafting...etc, just to name a few.

"The things you make or do become creative and alive when you put your own elements into it."

To find your own elements takes time; it actually takes a life time, because we are always changing (and that is good, meaning we are flexible creatures :) ). Science has shown that our brain is making new neuron connections and loosing old ones every day, so theoretically we can say that you are a different person every day when you look into the mirror in the morning. This a-bit-spooky-yet-exciting theory is telling us that we should allow ourselves to be open to new experiences and processes in order to gather information about ourselves evermore.

Some people have tones of energy to walk the path, they could be our models. But the way I see it, more people (including myself) have different levels of difficulties and different reasons in refusing to do something for themselves and in taking in new ways of doing things. The point I want to make here is that we don't need to compare ourselves to anyone on this matter, because it is just for ourselves. Keep reminding your brain that you want to allow yourself to learn how to live out experience and creativity in your own way.

I've gone too far from today's topic, so enough of the Your-Own talk and let's check out some of my B.C.D. works. I personally like to draw animals and if I want to make a card or something, I will B.C.D. the figure a few times in order to get a satisfied work. It's a good way to get familiar with the shapes, and the familiarity makes better drawings.

   
The next one is 3 ceramic vases, but it really doesn't matter what it is. 😉


This flower I did it with half B.C.D., meaning I checked my drawing from time to time. It is better connected, but not exactly a copy. I do love how the lines on the petals turned out, then I colored it with a pencil.


Wish you a lovely and creative week!


Comments

Popular Posts