What else? What's the reward in art making?


"Write down the things that you think are more important than getting to know yourself."


I understand that some people might get a feeling of emptiness and ask themselves "What next?" after drawing and coloring the space. Before we can really sense the "end-product" from our art making process, this feeling is actually quite normal. We all tend to like the idea of getting a reward in material form after we make efforts into something. A day's work will be rewarded by salary, after an hour of cooking we have food to calm our hunger. But what about art making? 

For now I would put it simply: the reward in art making is invisible and is very important in the aspect of our own existence, and like everything else we can only "get" it by putting effort into it; putting effort in getting to know yourself through the art making process and practicing awareness for progress of your life.

For today's article though, I would like to share a way to boost your creativity further by creating material rewards from what we have been doing for the last few videos. You have a couple of drawings on hand, what then? What else can we do with them?


You can cut them out and paste them on a big card, 
make a greeting card.



Because I painted the spoons on one side and the pot on the other side, after I cut out the pot and turn the paper around I saw a duck shape from the paper waste, so I put another paper underneath and draw the rest of the duck I saw.
 


Same thing with elephant, and I felt the paper waste pieces looks like the feathers on a feathered crown.


I cut out the duck and left a frame for the elephant, now I can make a cute card with them as well.
 

Then I decided to make them directly into cards (without a base card), I painted the frame from the elephant and took away the back head piece from the duck, because I felt it was not necessary. Added more colors and here we go, I made my own greeting cards!
 

Finally, what you need to do now is to share the rewards, use them or give them away, only then you will start grasping the invisible reward of your art. :)


Comments

Popular Posts